Thursday 6 June 2013

WEDNESDAY MORNING: A day like no other

KAROL:
Today morning we have met Architects. Fascinating! The Job itself is really interesting and creative, it includes a lot of maths and art (the two subject I really enjoy) As we entered the building where the meeting occurred, My attention straight away went to the walls which were full of interesting designs which represented the history of it. The mixture of old and new architecture was very interesting, but what attracted my attention the most was a massive dog bed 5 times the size of the bed you sleep on. First thing I thought was “why the heck?” but I’ve been explained that it was used as a place to learn in. They believe that learning is much better when in groups, all confee, relaxing and fun. I can disagree in many aspects but I guess it’s all about opinion and the way someone learns. Although it was a really big building, it felt warm and inviting. We did some really weird exercise in which we’ve been told to come closer to people and put our hands up when we feel awkward. I then realized how much there is to consider when planning and sketching the buildings features. It was an enjoyable trip from which I came back with information which I won’t forget. Who knows, maybe I’ll become an architect one day and this trip has affected my entire life : D

No comments:

Post a Comment